Saturday, March 06, 2004

So..... I went to pick up my brother last night, to take him to my place for the weekend. I was nervous about my stepmom being there so Clark came with me, bless her soul. I was happy to have her. The visit was short and uneventful.... whether it would have been otherwise will never be seen.

Talking to my stepmom was like talking to a different person..... a stranger hidden inside her body, speaking with her voice, but in a tone that belies an impending "episode." I witnessed such an episode at christmas, although I wasn't aware at the time that that's what it was. My personal experience with mental illness has been fairly limited.

My poor dad has been tiptoeing around her, afraid to set her off. He's so unhappy. Pooky is stressed and acting out. How this is gonna work out, I don't know. Who are these so called doctors and what were they thinking?? I don't know.

I've been working really hard these last couple days on what everyone's been telling me. That it's not mine to carry, it's not my responsibility. It's a hard thing to get..... but I'm not bursting into tears at inconvenient times..... so that's progress. I don't feel as panicked as I did before.

And it's nice to see Fuzzy relaxed, having a good time. Not having to be a human buffer zone. I can't believe I haven't had him over before.

Well I think I'm gonna see about getting those pics uploaded. You've all been dying to see newborn pups, I know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger