Friday, July 09, 2004

I haven't had much to say lately.... I'm excited about my trip but it seems like every day is some different sort of battle... an attack on my faith or anger at some person or fatigue or fear.... and then euphoria, and then all over again.... I just want to be on the road. I only sleep once more here in winnipeg, twice more on this continent. What an odd feeling to wake up and look at my puppy and think, one more night.

Of course it's only 3 weeks. To Abu that will seem so long. She'll be big when I get back, and I'm sure I'll have to start all over on some stuff I've been trying to teach her..... stuff that lately I've been slacking off in.

I know that when I get back it will be instant rush again. Looking for a job and trying to get ready to go by september. Get Abu fixed and get a hitch put on my car and get a photo cd put together about the trip. I know I could give myself until october, but I don't really want to. Now that I've decided I'm leaving, I'd like to do so at the decided time. I feel like if I delay, it might never get done.

Once again there was something of substance that I wanted to write about, but now I've forgotten what it was. Tonight I pick up some stuff at the last place I lived and pack most of what I'll need for the trip. I'll also call Chimwemwe so we can talk a bit. The next time we talk, she'll be in Ireland. Tomorrow I buy medical insurance and pack the last of my things, and head out to steinbach, where I'll spend the night (without Abu) before hooking up with a caravan to minneaopolis. Then it's off to baltimore by way of atlanta..... and then to Ghana.

That's gonna be a mother of a commute.

now I must go gas up my car and feed it some oil and rad fluid. Demanding little bugger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger