Wednesday, May 19, 2004






Nancy is my coworker, and has put pictures from Thomas Kinkade calendars all over our "office" as well as in the laundry rooms in the building where we work. Thomas Kinkade is known as the "Painter of Light," and over time I've grown to love those calendar pictures and take comfort in them. Every one of them speaks to the desires in my heart that I fear are the most unattainable.

In each painting I hear water flowing, trickling, crashing against rocks. There's the cool stone walls of secluded cabins, the musty scent of a woodfire, flowers and grass, the warm glow of a place of comfort. In each painting I see rest and solitude and peace. I wish so much that I had a place like that for myself.



Maybe someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger