Friday, November 14, 2003

Today is truly a wonderful day. At Google, Rantings is now the FIRST result for "Leila Fast" and the SECOND result for "little bear."

It's also a wonderful day because it's friday, and the sun shone ALL DAY. It got so warm that puddles gathered in the parking lot and I did my day's work JACKETLESS!! In fact, despite the fact that I felt ill, I walked to the store for my lunch wearing a toque, mitts, and a hooded sweatshirt. The cool fresh air seeping in through the thin fabric made me happy...... blissfully so. I slowed down, trying to stretch out the moment, my face tipped towards the blue sky, breathing deeply.

Down by the river, my happiness was temporarily stunted..... the river is such a sad looking place in winter. The water has gone down so far that previously hidden trash is peeking out of the mud in the uncovered bank. The calm brown water reflects bare trees. There are no birds chirping, no squirrels chattering. I stood there, stunned at the ugliness of my favorite place. And then I left.

So today is still a wonderful day. Today is the day we will eat sushi, Star Trek will play endlessly on channel 16. Pepsi will overflow, movies will be watched, and the wee hours of the morning will find me passed out here in the basement with a slobbery grin on my comatose face.

So make no mistake. Today is a wonderful day. You should thank God for this day, since He made it so truly wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger