Saturday, November 08, 2003

When my dad finished up with his medication for Hepatitis C, it was because the depressants in the chemicals nearly drove him to suicide. My aunt, after a disturbing phone call from him, drove out to see him and then joined him in demanding to be taken off the medication. They took him off, and did some tests. He was coming up negative for Hep C.

Until recently.

He'll shortly be going back on his medication, which involves self injections about 3 times a week, making him incredibly sick, sore, and mood swingy, possibly suicidal.

My concern is understandable. I think. I guess if it's not one thing, it's another. Lately it seems like I'm always picking up burdens, just as quickly dropping them at my feet, and then scrambling over the pile of rubble to a vantage point where I can see God. Yes, I working at it. First things first..... second things second..... but if anyone tells me it's not a struggle, I will call them a liar.

After all the time I've spent ignoring the matters of importance in my life, it's no wonder that it's quite a climb, reminding me that prevention is indeed the best medicine.

Did you ever try to watch a specific hummingbird, or skydiver, or football player, through a pair of binoculars? If you lose sight of your target, it's nearly impossible to find it again. You can look and look, turn your head, move those binoculars around..... finally take them away from your face and realize you're looking in the wrong direction.

So don't lose that hummingbird. Keep it in your crosshairs. Keep those binoculars trained on the object of your observation. If you lose it, you'll have a hard time finding it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger