Friday, September 12, 2003

You are my closest friend today,
I love you, Rain, but go away.


It came and went all day long, the rain, that is. I arrived at work with a cloud over my head, after recieving a call from Musungu to say that she hadn't got on the bus, and she wasn't coming after all. So when the rain first arrived, I welcomed it, because it reflected my mood.

But somehow, wallowing in self pity didn't seem like a productive way to spend my day, so I welcomed the sunshine. They traded off until the afternoon, when they reached a compromise and proceeded to sun-shower for a while, which was just perfect, as far as I could see.

Now, I know I'm way late, but I've finally started reading The Lord of the Rings. I'm not sure why it's taken me so long. I've been intending to read it since I was 12, and was particularly intending to read it before the first movie came out. Well now I've finally gone and done it, and I'm discovering a lot of food for thought..... good book hey? who'd a thunk?

Walking to Sev tonight, I wished I had a camera. Right outside the store, there's a big sign, the kind with the removable letters, which normally says...

AUTOPAC
3 Blocks North.....

Except that someone had replaced the "Bl" with a "C" so instead, it read "3 Cocks North...." tee hee...... I found that funny, does that make me a bad person? Probably.

Well I still ordered my pizza this evening, musungu or no musungu, according to plan, except that I also rented a violent video game and bought some pepsi with which I will proceed to drown my disappointment until I go pick up my sister tomorrow afternoon.

Now I have to focus on the TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger