Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Okay, so....... the Joe Schmo Show.

Seriously.

Has anyone seen it? What are your thoughts? I'm curious.....

Because as stupid and cruel and low budget and skanky as it is, I'm enthralled.... mostly due to my fascination with human behaviour. Just in case you don't know about this show..... It's set up like a typical reality show called Lap of Luxury, except that everyone is an actor. Everyone but Matt, a typical north american yuppie putz. The actors fulfill token rolls suck as the gay guy, the asshole, the 22 year old virgin (ouch, stop making fun of her) the old guy, the hot chick, and the bitch. They remain in character 24 hours a day, manipulating their relationships to Matt, making fun of him when he's not around.

This might even be funny (despite its cruelty) if it weren't for the fact that Matt, clueless and bewildered though he is, seems to ultimately be a really sincere, caring guy. In fact, due to the nature of the show, he's the only sincere individual.... therefore the most likeable.

The teasers for next weeks episode shows him crying, saying he should have taken more things into consideration before coming on the show..... and it makes me angry.

Even so, I have to watch next week...... I mean why would he start crying? I have to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger