Monday, September 08, 2003

I love Seinfeld. Kramer makes me laugh.

On Saturday afternoon I did something EXTREMELY out of character...... I was chatting with a guy on msn who I used to work with. He was rounding up some people to play Risk and wanted to know if I was in. Naturally, I wasn't overly eager to leave the house, I wasn't overly eager to hang out with strangers, and I wasn't overly eager to play Risk.

Yet for some reason I said, "sure I'm in. where do you live?" and the next thing I had jumped into the shower and rushed out the door, bound for the unknown house in the unknown neighborhood with the unknown guys. Yikes!!

The afternoon became a fascinating study in how 5 young computer techie beer drinking fuck saying guys respond when a girl suddenly descends upon them to hustle them in a game of Risk (I don't really know how to play...... tee hee) I didn't win, but I was the last entity to be abolished, and I held out long and tough amidst cries of "Beaten by a woman!!" and exchanging quotes from SouthPark and Simpsons.

Strange, very strange, the way I spent that afternoon.

Today a firetruck and an ambulance came to work and took away one of our tenants. We don't know why. We don't know if she's okay. The reality struck me as I peered from the doorway of one of my buildings, out to where the red flashing lights set up shop in the high rise's front drive, I didn't know who was in trouble. It could have been anyone, it could have been one of my friends.

But let's not spend too much time there. Star Trek has sucked me in, and I am defenceless against it's charms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger