Monday, September 01, 2003

When I moved here to littlekermode.com from littlebear.blogspot.com, I was emailed by a girl who wanted to take over my blogspot address, so I deleted that particular blog and let her know that the url was available. I've been dropping in on her every now and then ever since.

I was reading her site today, and came across a post for Sunday, May 15th. There's no permalink for that post so you'll have to scroll down if you want to read it. At first it appears to be a random and frustrated post but by the time I had finished reading, I found I had come to a remarkably clear understanding of not only what the writer was feeling, but something that I have felt many a time. Visit "disillusioned" at littlebear.blogspot.com but be forewarned if you are adverse to "bad words" as they are plentiful.

I'm very quickly growing fond of watching star trek. I used to watch it all the time with my dad, until they started in with "The Next Generation." I became frustrated that I didn't know the characters, and couldn't be bothered anymore. I might have gotten hooked, given more time, except that my dad magically disappeared, and so I no longer had anyone to watch it with. Star Trek didn't enter my life again until I began hanging out with Chimwemwe at school. Then I came home for the summer and watched some movies with Helmraiser who is also a huge star trek fan.

So here I am listening to Captain Picard saying that he can't take action to save a group of people living on a self destructing planet due to the "Prime Directive" which states that the Enterprise is supposed to maintain "non-interference" with societies it comes across. This brought up thoughts about American Foreign policy. Because the American Government keeps sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong, but this could be countered with the fact that many terrible things will happen if there is no interference....... which can be countered that many terribly things happen when there is interference..... it goes round and round and one has to ask oneself, which is the lesser evil? or the greater good?

I don't know

There's a bird stuck in our chimney. Shall I attempt to interfere? Is there anything I can do? Probably not. I just can't handle listening to him chirp and flap around in the vent.

I still have to tackle that battle of helm's deep. I swear it to you, I will save middle earth though hell should bar the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger