Monday, August 09, 2004

To everything..... turn turn turn....
There is a season...... turn turn turn...

And the season for this job is coming to a close.

It's time to move on. I knew that before I left.... but now that I'm back, I know it even more.

But what's next? Out of the pot and into the frying pan? For the first time since High School I'm starting to ponder possible "career" directions, thinking I'd like to pick an occupation that I'd enjoy and then pursue said occupation.... but for the life of me I can't decide. I don't want a career, I don't want to do the same thing for years on end...... I guess I just don't want to work.... that is.... I don't want a job though I love to work. I'm not lazy, I just despise employment.

I need more creative license than that.

I'd love to be a freelancer. Freelance anything. That's what I'd like. But until my financial obligations are settled I need a solid income.

Sucks to be me.

Today I was suffering from an Africa hangover. This where you'd rather die than be in winnipeg working outside on a cold rainy day surrounded by whiny ungrateful tenants and their equally whiney ungrateful offspring. Today was the first day it really hit me, but then it was also my first day back at work. Maybe there's a connection.

So I'm praying about my future as I put together a resume and look for jobs online. Abu is warming my heart over there on the floor, chewing on the rawhide roll I got her from Walmart, and she's just absolutely ginormous. Pictures to come, soon as I put batteries in my camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger