Sunday, April 18, 2004

First things first.

Last night was AWESOME. Thanks to Garret and Colleen for a delicious supper, and wonderful evening, and for fixing my car. It runs great, and just like we predicted, Abu slept until bedtime and then got up to play.

I've been thinking about a lot of things, but I'm not ready to blog about them. This has been a good weekend. I taught Abu to walk on a leash, and to sit. She's not overly good at either, but she's so good for her age, and she never ceases to amaze me.

There's a movie called "About a Boy" with Hugh Grant..... you have to see it. It made me feel good.

It's bedtime for me. Up at 7 for a walk, some training, and drop off a movie. Getting up early is much better than rolling out of bed and into my car. In fact, my new lifestyle fills me with a sense of well-being that I haven't had in a long time. Not since that one month when I made to-do lists and got all my homework done early. It's the absence of that suspicion...... suspicion that something you should have anticipated but forgot about is about to blindside you and screw up your life for the next three months. Between my new schedule, my new puppy, my new roommates, my new budget, I feel safe AND content, both at the same time. BOTH AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Usually, it has to be one or the other. Because safety is synonymous with restlessness and contentedness is synonymous with reckless splurging.... but I'm walking a line of balance right now and the best part is that the people around me are interested in helping me continue that balance.

I need to learn as much as I can from this experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger