Friday, April 09, 2004

OH NO!!

Abu just deleted my post. That's it. She's going to the pound.

Today I made her a collar and harness out of purple uphostering leather. I simply couldn't find anything in her size for a reasonable price. Sure, I could head down to some pet supply superstore and spend $30 on some nylon buckled adjustable rig that she'll outgrow in 4.3 days..... it's like buying $90 cross trainers for a six month old. Which I'm sure some of you do, or would do, had you a 6 month old. However, my financial situation does not allow for such...... expenditures.

It doesn't matter. Because Abu looks smashing in her new threads. Purple, strangely enough. And I've discovered that she really likes to chew on the stuff, so I've made her a chew toy of bundled strips of leather. Her baby teeth seem to like that better than the rawhide sticks I got her at the dollar store.

Today I watched Brother Bear..... finally. Whoever thought it would take this long? Well it was very good. I laughed myself silly. Cried a bit too. I'm so pathetic when it comes to Disney movies, I cry during previews.

I've been watching a lot of movies today. Besides Brother Bear, the Whole Nine Yards, Erin Brockovich, and Sweet Home Alabama. Odd combination, perhaps. It matters little to me what's on tv, so long as I can watch it while I stitch leather puppy accessories.

Easter's coming up and everyone's talking about Jesus dying and all that...... eating chocolate eggs and such. I think that this sunday morning I'll stay home and spend some time reflecting on the reason for the season.... by myself. This just seems right, and not just because I've been feeling so run down. It seems to me that there's something very personal and raw about His sacrifice. Every year is different, and this Easter I will stay home.

Now I'm so tired...... so I'm hitting the hay. night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger