Sunday, November 23, 2003

"Yeah. Full custody. That's exactly what I-- YOU'RE AN IDIOT" Simpson quote of the week.

I spent the day alternately watching Most X-treme Elimination Challenge (it was on for 4 hours) and reading The Lord of the Rings ("No, he can't be dead!!! Oh he's not. Phew!") What could be better? I mean, have you ever SEEN MXC? If you're a girl, you probably didn't think it was funny. If you're a guy, you were probably choking on your cheesy poofs.

First you're just shocked. Then you try to figure out what it all means. It's like beer.... you have to develop a taste for it, and once you do, it's gone too soon and you can't get enough. Which is why I don't drink beer.... much. MXC however does not exert an unhealthy codependent force on the relationships I care about..... so I fill my life with the perfect comedy/reality show and read classic literature during the commercials. It's a healthy balance, I think.

I'd get started on the genius of "Malcolm in the Middle" but I'd rather just let you know (since you asked) that something is definitely bothering me today, and as you probably didn't guess, I have been making an admirable effort to avoid thinking about it. This is why, instead of describing to you the angst ridden recesses of my over-analytical mind (to which you are accustomed) I am watching TV, reading, eating, and updating my blog all at the same time.

You see, due to my remarkable multitasking ability, just watching tv, or reading, or updating my blog, or making some dinner, wouldn't be enough to distract me from approaching the itch in my subconscious. I have to do them all at once, and even as I do, I'm keenly aware of the fact that I'm only doing the things that I'm doing in a last ditch effort to keep my weekend purely...... shallow.

I'll think about it tomorrow. It's always easier to see what's bothering you on a monday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger