Monday, October 27, 2003

There's this issue of great sensitivity.

It has been bothering me. It has been nagging me. I have been afraid of confronting it. I have been talking to people about it, for the first time in my life.

I knew that I had to confront it, so today with fear and trembling I approached my stepdad to ask for his assistance. He was understanding, compassionate, safe. He said that I'd done the right thing to come to him, and that he'd do something about it.

The relief I felt...... that I feel now..... I don't often place myself under the protection of another, but knowing I can trust my stepdad to take care of it..... knowing I'm not responsible and never have been..... knowing I don't have to tolerate it anymore.

When you're a kid, you don't expect people to listen to you, so you just don't say stuff. But now I'm older, and in a position to protect the younger ones. I'm only sorry I didn't say anything sooner.

I've never appreciated my stepdad so much. I trust he'll take care of it. I think I'll sleep peacefully tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger