Thursday, November 11, 2004

Where is the fine line behind being forewarned, and picking up a second hand offense?

Tonight I attended a service where the individual speaking was someone who has seriously hurt someone I love, a long time ago, before I knew either of them. It's hard to listen to him talk. It's hard not to argue in my head with every word he says.

Other than that, I had the opportunity to meet up with a very good friend, and will be hanging out with her tomorrow. It's funny, how each friend is irreplaceable by the others, so that no matter how surrounded I am by people I love, I will always be missing Rachel. For a little while at least, I'm that much closer to her, so I'll soak that up.

That reminds me that I need to get in touch with Chimwemwe. I miss her too. The feeling of missing people has changed for me. I used to feel incapacitated at the thought of individuals such as Chimwemwe. Now they are happy memories, to which I momentarily wish to return. The current arrangement is much better.

It occurre to me tonight, in a sanctuary with about a million teenagers and loud LOUD LOUD music, that I am getting old. I wished for my earplugs. It felt like my brain was being corroded away. I'd much rather worship God in solitude. I've become one of THOSE people.

And now it's WAAAAY past my 9 o'clock bedtime...... Oh Lord, bless my youth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger