Saturday, November 06, 2004

High school is a very important training ground for social skills. That is what they say. High school is where kids pretend to have grown up relationships. They make friends and break friends and form groups and have fights and find boyfriends/girlfriends and break up with them in dramatic scenes by the water fountain. High school is where you learn to accept or reject and then enforce your acceptance or lack thereoff on the other party. More specifically, this is where girls learn how to either tell guys to piss off, or give them their number, according to their aforementioned acceptance or rejection.

I went to high school, but I recieved no such training. Mostly because I was a dork (there are those who would reply that I am still a dork, and I will not argue with them) but also because I was a genius and thought these childish shadows of grown-up behavior were stupid, and that high school relationships were doomed to speedy failure and thus to be avoided. Mostly, I was just a dork. I had few friends and no boys wanted to go out with me. Thus, there are certain circumstances which I approach with absolutely no benefit of experience.

Since high school I have had a couple experiences with guys which only served to compound my bafflement. Boys are wierd, tricky, but fun to hang out with. Until they grow interested in more than hanging out, whereupon they become rupulsive.

Boys are generally easy to handle. They can be simply avoided or distracted when they start acting strangely. In this way I have successfully managed to remain baffled.

Let's just say that last couple days have only served to heighten my anxiety in the matter. Boys are good for a game of hackey sack, but little else. I hold this position until I can be convinced otherwise.

* Please recognize that this analysis refers only to boys I have met. By boys I refer to unmarried men. If you are a married man, or know me only through this medium, please recognize this post for what it is, irrelevant, subject to change, and not reflective of YOUR personal character.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger