Monday, October 18, 2004

YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!

I am back online, and I am LOVING digital cable, if you must know. I'm currently watching wife swap, which I think will have a very one-sided result.

So, a basic update for tonight. I've been working for a week in a woodshop which makes custom oak staircases. I'm getting decent pay and shouldn't need a second job. I work days, monday to friday, and while I'm on my feet all day, I'm not nearly as tired at the end of the day. So far. That week off probably did me good, though I'm wishing for a paycheck.

I'm attending the Regina Vineyard, and if I can get my hands on a djembe I'll be on one of the worship teams. On saturday I went to a party where the music was loud and the house was packed with friends I hung out with two years ago. I play lots of video games, and I reuse dishes. I eat nothing that can't be made in a toaster oven or microwave.

The house I live in, I have to say, kicks ass. It's got a front porch and back porch, both big enough to be bedrooms. The backyard is completely fenced, the garage is gargantuan. There are two living rooms.... I guess technically one is a dining room, but who needs a dining room when you eat on the couch? The carpet's ugly, but short enough that you can sweep it, which is good, since the vaccuum cleaner died. The house has character.... I like it. The room I'm temporarily staying in (until we do something with the basement) has two tone blue walls with chocolate brown shag carpet. Cool.

As soon as moved in, we promptly went to the humane society and got a kitten, which is a blue eyed himalayan half breed with six toes on each paw. She's about 9 weeks old now and finally at a healthy weight. Her and Abu get along smashingly. Abu is loving her new level of family involvement. She's with me as long as I'm home. She's psychotic. Usually tearing apart one of her stuffed animals or mauling the cat, who doesn't appear to have any complaints.

I will begin my rantings shortly... like tomorrow. for now I must finish my dinner and get to bed at a decent hour. Goodnight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Who is WE? Who are you living with?

10:45 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Welcome back ! Now take a few minutes out from t.v. and drop me a line . What's your hotmail address so we can chat sometime ?

I love it when God's plan finally comes together.
Oh yes .... and pictures of your new home would be lovely .

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are glad with you. Isn't God good!
Papa Walrus

11:19 AM  
Blogger tapps said...

lets hear it for digital cable :-P

good to see you back online.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger