Thursday, May 27, 2004

I heard that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. So I slipped my new testament into my pocket, and have taken to reading it whenever the opportunity arises. It's hard to read..... it's been quite a while, and the gideon's bibles seem to specialize in run-on sentences. My eyes keep fuzzing out of focus and my brain goes to sleep.

I understand that this would qualify as spiritual opposition. So I read ravenously, repetitively, as though it was vietnamese take-out after a year in a city with no restaurants.

I think that if I could learn to take God at His word, it would be a significant breakthrough for my life.

If my experiences, or my interpretation of my experiences, seems to contradict God's word or character, then I have to conclude that the inconsistency is with me. God is my only constant. If He can be trite or vindictive, then there's nothing left but aimless striving.

There's only one place to go from here, and that's back to the cross. That's the only place I'll ever be happy. It's the only place I'm complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger