Wednesday, April 13, 2005

THE BEGINNERS GUIDE TO HEARING GOD, CHAPTER TWO

Well, let's start with the verses.

"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go awa; for if I do not go away, the Helper shall not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you." John 16:7

"However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." John 16:13

"When the Helper comes, who I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of Truth, who proceeds from the Father, He will bear witness of Me." John 15:26


Okay, guess what this chapter is about? The lesser publicized, somewhat more notorious member of the Trinity, Mr. Holy Spirit Himself. The gift that keeps on giving.

Getting to know the Holy Spirit is every bit as important as getting to know God and Jesus. The Holy Spirit was sent here in Jesus' absence to instruct us in all manner of...... instruction. He is to be our Helper, Comforter, and Guide, and let's be frank, He can't be any of these things without the personal relationship and communication alluded to in chapter one.

The book compares the Holy Spirit to a private tutor, always personally available for personal assistance with everything from break ups to computer problems. He is entrusted with our spiritual maturity.

Honestly, that's pretty much it. The Holy Spirit is our teacher, and the more accustomed we get to accepting His instruction, the better we become at discerning His voice. This point is driven home through repetition and a couple stories.

I think the Holy Spirit is prompting me to make some dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger