Saturday, April 02, 2005

I made a brief comment about terri schiavo a little while ago, and I have to recant it. It was made in ignorance of the issues and facts involved. It's true that I'm sick of hearing about it, but I've learned things since that have changed my perspective considerably.

Please feel free to challenge my ignorant or calloused statements, but be aware, if you're wrong, I will rip you to shreds.

I'm kidding. geez. Just be nice.

In thinking about writing and what it will take to inspire me, I'm wondering if what I need is a good dose of anonymity, and so I'm considering starting a second blog, a fresh project. This blog, of course, will continue. I'm going on 3 years, after all, I can't stop now. I think at times I'm brought up short by the knowledge that certain people are reading, there are things I can't say, heresies I can't utter. When this started, it was a barf bag for all the difficult emotional things I was dealing with, and I had no readers, so I had no fear of having to deal with things I wrote when I was talking with the people in my life.

The things I write now are relatively shallow and inconsequential. Is that because those are the only things I have to write, or is it because those are the only safe things to write? I don't know, but I'm willing to find out.

What do you think? Does anyone have any similar experience? Has anyone tried such a thing, and found success or failure?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger