Sunday, April 10, 2005

I purchased a book called "The Beginner's Guide to Hearing God" written by Jim Goll, who is one of the dudes I heard speak at the prophetic conference. I don't know if it's any good, but I do know that I want to hear God, also that I want to keep my faith simple. So, I thought that this book would be perfect. Written simply enough for a "beginner" on a topic that I would like to focus on.

I decided, while at church this morning, that I would use this space to flesh out what I read in the book. Thus, the topic of this site from now until I'm finished the book, is Hearing God. For those of you who have no trouble conducting a continuous conversation with the Almighty, don't worry. It's a short book. For the rest of you, I will attempt to reiterate as clearly as possible what I'm reading. I learned a long time ago that the best way to learn something is to teach it to someone else.

If you are offended by the prospect of an anonymous young female teaching on her site, then go visit EmergentNo, where they believe that the only people capable of understanding or teaching God's Word are male clergy. If not, stay tuned. I'm reading chapter one this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger