Saturday, March 19, 2005

I've been learning what it means to make God the Lord of my life. This is not just because that's the subject of the devotional my roomie and I have started. This is a topic that God has been bringing into my awareness in exponential degrees. How else, after all, could I find myself living in Regina?

At some point, each one of us has to come to the understanding that the world does not revolve around us. At some point, I have to stop complaining that things aren't going my way and start questioning my belief that God has some sort of obligation to make my life a resounding success. Somewhere along the line, God's deeply personal interest in my life has to become less about me getting my own way, and more about God getting His own way.

This needs to start with the assurance that God is completely good. If God is completely good, then I can be sure that Him getting His own way will directly benefit me, even if I don't get everything I want. I have to consider the possibility that I will find the things I thought I wanted to be dry, bitter, or cumbersome, and the things God wanted to be refreshing, exciting, and liberating. I have to come to the heartbreaking conclusion that all the things I wanted can burn, and the things God wants can prevail.

So. It all boils down to trust, doesn't it? How much do you trust your God? How well do you know Him? I think that the answers to these questions reveal themselves in the way we live our lives.

I say that I'm at a crossroads in my life because I'm facing the moment I give up on my dreams in favor of something I can't see, but trust that it's better. I've always known what God made me for, but I thought maybe there was something different. Maybe something that required less discipline, less solitude, less responsibility. Maybe I could choose what I wanted, and succeed at that, and be happy doing that thing that I chose for my life.

Or maybe I'll be happiest doing the thing that I was made to do.

Easier said than done. My future is as unclear as ever, but I'm learning that small things are the key. To excel in the small things is to build a bridge to the big things. I have less direction than ever, but somehow I feel far less lost.

And my family's coming to visit, and the X-Men are cool.

So now you're all happy. Thanx for the votes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger