Thursday, February 17, 2005

I am so happy right now. I've discovered a place called Ani-tabs where there are guitar tabs for loads of Ani Difranco songs. Tonight I learned one of my very favoritest songs. You have to tune every single string way out to lunch but once you do, the actual playing is super easy. I never imagined that I would play an Ani song all by myself. I feel so overwhelmed by camraderie with that distant human who wrote so many songs that spoke to me so profoundly.

If you're wondering, the song is called "Grey" and it's probably the only song that's within my reach as a novice guitar player, but as soon as I get my hands on a capo I'm setting my sights on "Imagine" which is the song that I had in my head today, and seems to have so much relevance in my life right now.

Other than that, nothing to say. Except this: Donnie Darko. Not for the faint of heart, but if you dare, it's a fascinating little mindbender of a flick . Word to the wise, don't believe the movie jacket.... the rabbit is not demonic, I don't know why they would write that. No matter how you interpret the movie, the rabbit does not come out demonic. He is, however, freaky. Also, Jena Malone is in this one, which is an automatic positive in my books.

Tomorrow's friday. Thank God. This week I've been so lost in my head that I can't concentrate on what I'm doing..... I keep getting lost or forget what I'm doing or tipping over.... and I just found out I'm supposed to be on the worship team at church.

okay... here I go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger