Sunday, January 30, 2005

Here's the news so far from Iraq:

Al-Jazeera
summary of bombings on election day
voter turnout low

CNN
voter turnout high
Iraqis brave bombs to vote

Okay, if you're paying attention, you'll notice that the slants on these news stories contradict one another so strongly that you know someone has to be lying. Who is it? Who has the most to gain by reporting what they're reporting? What are the motivations behind the reporting parties??

This is an opportunity to break free of the lemming mindset. Never just believe what you read..... especially when what you read is controlled by the republi-whoops I mean government.... any government that is, not necessarily a republican one. I guess we'll find out in time what's really going on in Iraq, but one thing I know is a lot of people died today. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a world where death threatened me and my family every day. I have compassion for those people who are trying to live in such horrific circumstances.

going to church. later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger