Saturday, June 12, 2004



I'm telling you..... I went to work, and when I got back, my puppy had doubled in size. We're learning to communicate, through trial and error. She had an accident last night, but it was my fault, my lapse in paying attention to her signals. The fact that she's started giving signals tells me that she's growing up, and I'm happy about that. If we can start communicating about when she needs to go out, then I can spend time with her inside without being quite as nervous all the time. She's settling into our routines, laying down when I tell her it's bedtime, eating her breakfast before I leave for work, and her dinner when I get home.

Not only that, but she's really funny. She has a toy, a Kong on the end of a rope, which her and muzby have tug of wars with, but as it turns out, she plays a mean game of keep away. So when muzby loses his grip on the Kong, she steps quickly back while swinging the kong around in a circle, sending muzby running in a slightly wider circle. It's hysterical to watch. I guess because she's smaller, she's compensating with strategy. It's also funny to watch her sitting on the hardwood floor. Her back end slides back, so she steps back with her front legs, whereupon her back end slides some more. In this way she scuttles backwards unintentionally until she finall gives up on trying to sit up, and lets her back end slide right out from under her.... sending her thumping to the ground where she lays cocking her head at me, trying to figure out why I'm laughing so hard.

And that head of hair..... OI! It looks almost crimped, and it's longer than the rest of her hair, so that it's poofy, and waves in the breeze. I've never seen such funny hair on a dog. At least not in person.

Well now I'm gonna go chase her with a lawnmower. Have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger