Tuesday, June 01, 2004

There were two things that hit me from the sunday service. The first was when someone said that God was longing for eye contact with humans. The second had to do with the past..... it doesn't all need to be sorted and compartmentalized and understood..... sometimes you can just throw it away and let the garbage truck take it away.

My past doesn't need to taint my future. The unanswerable questions can remain unanswerable, and I can assume that God knew what He was doing even when I didn't, so I can start fresh.

It's easier said than done, but I've grown tired of asking God for answers that I'll probably never find on this earth. I think I'm ready to call the past history and get started on today.

I've been working through the book of John..... I'm following Jesus to the cross. I've been discovering subtleties and humanity in what has previously been dry narrative.

I'm almost done with this tourist visa nonsense, and then I'll be able to relax a little while.....Maybe on the weekend I'll make a resume and start posting it on some jobsearch sites. It's a little early to start looking for a job in fall, but I would feel better about my life if I was doing something in preparation. Maybe I'll get lucky and something will turn up.

Well now we need to go to sleep, Abu and I. Gosh, is she ever cute. and big..... bigger every morning.

Apparently this rotty on TV can smell "ghosts." Interesting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger