Friday, June 04, 2004

The great thing about God is that when He teaches you something, He usually tries to follow it up with an opportunity to exercise your newfound knowledge.

The thing that SUCKS is that these object lessons are MY LIFE not just some textbook scenario.

So along comes the landlord, spots me and the dog chatting with bonnie in the yard, and lets her know (just in case)that if he finds she's been keeping a dog, she's out.

So somebody's gotta move. An arrangement has to be reached. An impossible solution has to avail itself, and fast.

So, did You really give me a puppy for my birthday, and do You take back the gifts you give? And are you still as interested in my life as you were yesterday, when you provided a free TV to replace the one that died, as I was on my way to go spend money on a new one? Are you still concerned about the things that I need, the way you were when you led my fingers to my dad's ring?

All indications say yes. So I'm trying to breathe deeply, trying not to imagine a life without Abu, trying not to panic and cry and get angry. Trying to trust the way you've been teaching me. Trying to believe in your consistency and your provision and your love. You'll have to forgive me if I'm scared and upset and struggling within myself. This is hard for me.

Abu has been a comfort to me, she's been exactly what I needed to get through this time. Please don't take her away from me.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger