Wednesday, March 31, 2004

I've been working quite hard at weaning my puppy, who didn't seem to care much for milk, but would drink it if she HAD to. Then I nuked some stir-fry for dinner and lo and behold....... my puppy prefers rice. Not so much into the milk... but since she was always chawing on my finger with those fresh little teeth, I offered her some of my dinner and she consumed it without hesitation.

It reminds me of the puppies we used to raise when we lived in the country. My dog, a pure bred German Shepherd, would never have fewer than 10 puppies, and by four or five weeks she had had enough of nursing. She refused to let the puppies nurse out of pure exasperation, and so we were always scrambling to wean the puppies early. Those puppie's liked milk.

Not Abu. She likes rice. I suppose I'm picking up puppy chow tomorrow.

I'm settling into my new digs quite nicely. Who knew one person could acquire so much junk in a two year period? I'm trying to just get everything to fit, so that I can sort through it at my leisure. I expect to throw most of it away. Ideally, since I'm not sure how long I'll be transient, and because I'm pondering the Regina angle, I would like all my belongings to fit in my car. I would like to be able to move without anyone's assistance. I don't mind accepting their assistance, I just don't like needing it.

With that in mind, I have a bed for sale. Single, twin, whatever you want to call it. Frame, wheels, box spring and mattress all in good condition. I don't know how much it's worth but the bed I have in mind to replace this one will cost me around $80. So if you need a bed, and you're in Winnipeg, let me know, and we'll discuss it. I might have some other stuff you might like. A nice wood nightstand, for example, which I currently appreciate but could be convinced to let go.

Now I must go to bed, me and my little dog too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger