Saturday, January 10, 2004

So...... I'm gonna be playing a djembe at church on sunday night. I haven't played on a worship team in two years. I'm doing my best not to feed my insecurity.

Went bowling today with my friend and a couple of (gasp) boys!!

That was fun. Lost one, won one. Had some pizza and a Mike's Hard Cranberry. Sounds very American, doesn't it? All I could think about as I rushed forward and tossed the ball at the gutter "Some people say bowling alleys got big lanes (got big lanes! got big lanes!)" You know, the song from Bowling for Columbine, in the beginning, where all the people are bowling.

In the lane next to us, kids went diving headfirst across the line, sliding across the floor as their balls crashed down and slowly bounced between the gutter bumpers..... and it made me wonder......

Why don't bowling alley floors get dented? They're made out of hardwood, right? How on earth can they take the abuse that they do without losing their integrity? And what's with bowling anyways? It's the stupidest thing. Of all the things to do with one's time....... bowling??

Though I did have fun. Strange. Blame it on the black lights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger