Tuesday, December 30, 2003

I'm sorry.

I've been..... irritable and I think it shows in my posts. I mean, I'm not sorry for being irritable or having a down time.... but I'm sorry for dragging you into grief that you needn't be concerned with. I think I got it out of my system. Back to normal. All is well with the universe.

Tomorrow is new year's eve and though I normally ignore new year's, I think that this might be a handy time to embark on some new self improvement adventure. I don't want to make any lofty vows that I can later break. I don't think I have a fear of failure, but I am painfully aware of my lack of discipline.

I was thinking of having a clear idea of what I'd like to achieve personally this next year, but I also want to make sure I have a plan of action to help myself succeed. So here's a couple things I was thinking about. I'll refine these goals and come up with some ideas to help myself, and post the finished list tomorrow. I think they're mostly predicable but maybe I'll find a creative way to implement them.

1)Learn to cook. Focus: Asian dishes, cuz they're healthy. I got a wok for christmas, and some random imported ingredients..... there must be a way to put it all together and come up with something edible. If I make something super yummy, I'll be motivated to make it on a regular basis. If I make my own food, I'll be healthier. I can control my consumption of hydrogenated stuff. Whatever that means.

2)Get in control of my compulsive snacking. This includes pepsi, lays chips, nachos and salsa, microwave popcorn, and McDicks. Not stop..... just control. I was in control for a while, but now I'm so out of control...... so maybe just do a little purge and then try to learn the art of moderation.

3)Excercise. target: midriff. I'm not talking about rock hard abs, I just think that 50% of my body mass doesn't need to be located between my ribs and my hips. Reasonable? I think so.

4)Devotional/Bible Reading/Prayer. My pursuit of wisdom has been blessed with The Message: Wisdom Books, a greatly appreciated gift from my Malaysian sister who spent christmas with me and my family. Let's suppose I was to sit down in a quiet place and read it every now and then. Would that be logical? It would probably lead to introspection and communication with God, being the Word of God, and all. Yes, this would be good.

5)Write. Return to my old friend, the fountain pen and the notebook. Rediscover poetry and prose. Explore some new ideas. Be alone with my thoughts so I can get them out of my head.

6)Read more. Like..... books. Made with paper and ink. Get a library card maybe. My brain needs some material to chew on. I feel like I'm getting stupider by the day.

So I guess I'll think about those for a day or so, come up with a diabolical scheme to perfect my nearly perfect self.... hehehehehe....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger