Friday, December 19, 2003

Online dating sites. What do you think?

Somewhere along the way I wound up putting a profile up at christiancafe.com (I know I know, cheesy christian exclusive site, but I can't deal with the sex in our culture) and now every once in a while they throw me a couple more free days just to keep me interested.

It feels like shopping for men.

And that seems really sick. Hmmm.... hair color, age, eye color, height, weight, nope don't like that picture.... next? Hmmm.... non denomination, wants kids (that's no good) NEXT!! Hey now, here's a nice picture, but he takes public transit......

And you just know the guys are doing the same thing, and the girls are posting pictures to cater to their predictable tastes (tall, skinny, blond, stupid) and then people are actually engaging in RELATIONSHIPS through chat rooms, breaking up, and then crying about it on the prayer page (Oh God please heal my heart from my relationship with so and so after what he said in the chat room)....

give me a break.

Why am I still there? I'm window shopping. I have no money, I have no time, I have little interest. Just looking. He's cute, he's not, too tall, too serious, too broke.... what should I blog about today.... I don't know, look at some more pictures. Are these real people? Can't be.

Yes hello. You're from Nigeria? You'd like to marry me? Okay whatever, would you like to know my name? I won't tell you until you learn english.

A relationship without communication would never work anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger