Thursday, October 09, 2003

In my dream there was a village where small dilapidated houses were scattered haphazardly across a hillside.

In my dream I knew most of the people who lived there, but in reality I only recognize a couple. I lived there, as did Clark, but whether we lived together (as is currently the case) I do not know.

There were men, dark men, with brown wooden shields and white spears. They may have been cambodians. They arrived in two huge trains and proceeded to round up all the women in the village. All the women, including Clark and myself, were herded into the first of the trains.

Inside the train, each car was like a big room, with furnishings, and they were crowded with all the women of the village bustling about, getting dressed and putting on makeup and all sorts of other stuff...... but being a curious person I immediately set about the business of exploring the train and figuring out what was going on.

I snuck through car after car and finally found what looked like a church, set up with pews, and many of the women were sitting there facing the front. In the front, facing the pews, was a row of men. People were talking, and I was trying to understand what was going on. I spotted Clark near an aisle. She quietly slipped out of the pew and left the room, glancing at me as she passed. I watched her leave and then made my way to the front of the room.

All of a sudden, (as is so often the case in dreams) the room was empty, except for myself. I sat in the front row and watched some men file in front of me and sit down, facing the pews. There were all the token guys. The asshole, the jock, the skinny guy with the squeaky voice.... the comedian, all talking amongst themselves and looking at me. A man who looked like the boss of the arrangement stood to the side.

"Is this all the women that are left?" he asked.

The chatting between the men increased as the situation dawned on me. They were here to steal our women and make wives of them!!

I began to sidestep towards the aisle as they continued to talk and watch me. Finally I reached the aisle, whereupon I spun around and bolted from the room. I knew that the leader was in hot pursuit and so I flew through the cars, which were now empty. I reached the caboose, burst through the door, and hit the ground running. It was night out. I raced over the hillside and ducked into a house whose door I knew would be unlocked.

I crouched there in the darkness, listening to the resident family sleep, catching my breath as silently as possible.

But the leader of the Cambodians had a german shepherd, and the damn dog sniffed me out. The Cambodian ordered me to come out, or else he would set the house on fire. Not wanting the family to lose their home, I obliged.

The Cambodian led me back towards the train, and as he did I watched a bit of a cutscene, in which more cambodians were rounding up more women on the other side of the hill. I wondered how Clark had made out, whether she'd gotten away.

I woke up while plotting my escape.

weird, hey?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger