Saturday, October 11, 2003

I would love to come across a road sign in the middle of the forest.

"Beware of falling leaves"

It would make me laugh so hard.

The Lion King is a wonderful wonderful movie, and is a huge contributing factor in my search for identity and revelation as far as my relationship to God, God as a father, destiny and maturity..... blah blah blah..... it's just such a wonderful analogy that every time I watch it, I can rearrange the roles and pick out a different truth.

I'm such a visual learner. You could stand in front of me and tell me that God is my father and loves me unconditionally based on that relationship, you could tell me that I'm the heir to the kingdom of God, you could tell me all that stuff about being seated on the throne with Jesus. You could explain to me how coming into one's inheritance requires a period of "coming of age" and you could try and convince me until your face was blue that the time has come to stop running, brave the desert and claim the spiritual authority that is mine in Christ...... and so on and so forth.

It won't do a lick of good, not without a picture to back it up. And just you try to find any other visual media that illustrates all these things with the humor, beauty and intensity as The Lion King.

It's out on DVD now. Go get it. Watch it prayerfully. See if it doesn't speak to you. Watch it twice. See if you don't see something new. Maybe nothing you didn't already know, but if you're like me, knowing the words in your head isn't enough.

Pictures are good. Even more so if they move. And talk. And sing songs.

Of course, we've talked about this before.... the fact that I like to draw analogies from everything I see..... in the interest of understanding this life in general thing that I'm supposed to be surviving.

Seriously..... rent the movie, get yourself in that reflective devotional hyper spiritual mood and then watch it. I promise you...... you won't regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger