Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Happily, after returning the LCD monitor we were able to pick up my old monitor. So I'm happy. Here I am. Happy. With my monitor.

I've had a friend from Steinbach quite heavy on my mind...... all day, and yesterday..... it got so bad yesterday that I finally let myself into an empty suite and spent half an hour praying for her. Leighton asked me if the bear growls. Yes she does....... when she's praying for her friends. Strangely enough. Very protective, right here. A little quiet, a little passive aggressive...... normally very easy going......

But when I get that panicky feeling like something very twisted is attacking someone I love........ not a pretty headspace......

So half an hour pacing and growling and pleading with God on behalf of an individual who doesn't even seem to like me.

It's really strange...... we used to be so close..... like sisters...... only there was something so dysfunctional about it..... really codependent. I went away, and came back a different person, and it's like we haven't spoken since. When we see each other it's awkward.

I mean, how do you explain it to someone you used to spend every day with? How I want so much for her to be okay, but I don't want to get sucked back into that dysfunction, how I'm happy to be free of it.

"I love you, but I don't miss you."

I'll still pray. That's probably all I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger