Friday, September 19, 2003

So I'm sitting here staring at the screen wondering what I'll write tonight, when Clark, sitting behind me on the couch, smacks me with the tv remote. I turn around and I see she's on the phone, rolling her eyes.

Me: Who is it?
Clark: Mastercard
Hang up
She says nothing.
Why can't you hang up on them? Thinking it was an automated call.
No, I'm not interested Into the phone.
A brief silence.
Honestly, because I'm tired of listening to you talk...
cracking up laughing
No it's not you, it's just that I've gotten about eight of these calls in the last 3 days and I'm sick of it.
Another pause.
Yes I know you're paid to do this and I hope you enjoy your job but I'm just not interested.
Yet another pause.
No, I'm not inter-
Click. To the sound of our laughter.

And that, my friends, is how it's done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger