Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I've been reading "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. It's written simply enough for a 10 year old, but it's interesting. It's about the sort of rigid society that would have lynched me by age 5. Reminds me of my hometown, except that they're all pacifists so instead they just isolated me with christianese rhetoric.

I think I'm more or less bored of my job.... already you say?? Well, I think we all knew that would happen sooner or later. It's time for me to go get an education, or experience what they call a "lucky break" which is when rich and/or famous people discover how charming you are and put you in a movie next to Tom Cruise or Angelina Jolie. This usually only happens if you live in a populated region such as.... L.A. or New York. I live in Regina, so it looks like I'll have to get an education.

I hate school.

I have to remind myself on a daily basis that God does have something in mind for me. I remember the circumstances under which I came here, and I know that I'm on a journey. I've wandered into a place where the path isn't so clear. I don't let it get me down, and I try not to be in a hurry. Everyone wants to feel like their life has a purpose, or a direction. Right now I'm happy to be holding my own, and eager to know what the future holds.

Hmmmm.... bath.... book.... bed....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger