Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I'm back..... home sweet home. Abu was happier than I was to get home. My roomie has left for florida, so we're all alone until the 9th..... and I'm already going a bit batty. Yes, I like my alone time, but when it's over, I need someone to verbally abuse.

It is so good to be able to hang loose in my place. It's nice to be able to find everything where I left it (even if that is in the middle of the floor) and it's nice to have Abu with me, instead of shivering in the basement. Even if she does beg for my brandy beans.

At Christmas lots of focus is placed on family, spending time with family. Family is so much more than the people who raised you, and sometimes (for some of us, oftentimes) spending time with family can be trying. This Christmas was possibly the least difficult Christmas has ever been. Perhaps this is because I managed to miss the gatherings, and only spent time with immediate family. Perhaps it's because I had Grand Theft Auto to blow of steam, and perhaps it was Ani Difranco crooning "Not Angry Anymore" and soothing the part of me that still aches for my original family.

Either way, it was short, and sweet, and now I'm thrilled to be home, less thrilled to be working, and looking forward to seeing my friends again.

Unfortunately, I waited too long to post this, and so I instead of further contemplation, I must instead go to bed. Too bad for you.

Mmmmmm..... my very own bed.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger