Sunday, August 29, 2004

Well..... what is there to say. Life is a story that ends when you die, and it is ever full of ups and downs and conflicts and resolutions and unsolvable mysteries and striking coincidences.... So I try not to gloat too much during the good times, nor complain too much during the bad.... and I try to let as much roll off my back as possible and find an outlet for the rest, and to find balance in those moments when I want to fly off the handle.

To be quite honest, most days I feel a million years old, a million years old and in all that time I haven't figured out what I'm here for, though I've figured out a bazillion other useless things, like how to write with dwarf runes and the lifespan of a tastebud.... life still makes precious little sense to me, though it continues to require a helluva lot of energy.

In ten years, they say, upon looking back at this time, there will be sense and order and purpose. In ten years I will see the path, the way I came, the obstacles that God led me around.... well that's great. Ten years?!?! What is ten years to me? Enough time to get married and have kids and pay off my debts and buy a house, build a fence, go to Africa and feed starving children.... or maybe ten more years like the last 3..... ten more years not being able to see any light at the end of any tunnels because I'm not looking down any tunnels.... I'm looking at the job ads, and there's no light there.

What is ahead of me? All I know right now is I'm tired. I'm a million years old and hoping that the next year brings some direction and the year after that some rest. A million years old and don't know what I want to do with my life, because all I want to do is what God wants me to do but He just doesn't want to clue me in. It's like a cosmic game of Marco Polo but I am ALWAYS "IT" Would somebody please tell Him that if He would tell me what to do, I would do it? In a heartbeat, I would just up and do it.

Now, I am currently frustrated with any number of aspects of human existence and the wonderful variety of ways that humans are able to feel anguish and grief (it's delightful, really, all the options) but I've come to understand that more often than not if I put it on the shelf and come back to it in, say, ten years, it will make a little more sense, and so most often I try not to spend too much time stewing about the things that I cannot understand (despite my gargantuan intellect).

Most days it just helps to write it down, or type it out, as I am doing now, and even as I do so, I feel better, and more confident, and less frustrated, and less concerned with unanswerable questions. The truth is, I'm in a time of transition, though the transition is not happening in my life.... it's happening in my brain.... I am changing, but my life is not changing, which is a subject of some contention, and it will continue to be so until the two begin to match up again.

Will I feel better if I watch Kill Bill? Drink Pepsi? Eat Popcorn? Probably. Because picking apart my budget and working on my resume just puts me in a foul disposition.

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Fox said...

Maybe God is telling you to wait? Can you 'up and do' that? God always seems to make you do the things that are hardest.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... I think everyone goes through that at least once. Sometimes you feel like you c'n do anything, and other times you wonder if you CAN do anything.

Don't worry too much-- I know that sounds like a bit much, but I guess the venting always helps XD

Slowly things start to make more sense. Don't worry about it. Someday very soon you might walk into that "sence of direction" and everything will seems even a bit clearer or more direct.

Hard to tell =) Depends on what you make of the situation.

Oh no, I'm rambling. Sorry 'bout that.

-MilesTailsPrower007

TailsPrower@shaw.ca

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger