Wednesday, February 18, 2004

working on a new template. yeah, I got the coding bug. javascript.... grrrrr......

The sun was shining today. Real live sunlight, melting the sidewalks and filling my heart with joy. All of a sudden I found myself smiling, for no reason, walking around outside with a sweater and my brand new hoky.

Well okay, it's not BRAND new hoky.

You probably don't even know what a hoky is. I was given this hoky by a guy who was packing up a senior citizen's possessions for auction. I had been bugging my boss for one for quite some time since I had suddenly remembered that my grandma used to have one in her house.

A hoky is a contraption used for sweeping carpet. It rolls lint and small pebbles into a tray, and has a long handle. Mostly old people have them because they're light and cordless, and since old people are so tidy, their carpets don't get terribly dirty.

My vaccuum at work weighs about 20 pounds when the bag's full. I carry it on my shoulder and use it to vaccuum 13 buildings, each with 3 floors. I do all the buildings nearly every day. Needless to say, my routine has been taking a toll on my body, particularly my back and shoulders.

My hoky is about 5 pounds, if that. I can do twice as much work in half the time with a tenth of the effort. No tool has ever had such a vast impact on my quality of life. Seriously, a stupid hoky has me giddy. I discovered that the same tool, albeit a newer model, is being sold at Grand and Toy for $139.99. Behold the Rubbermaid Dual-Action Sweeper!!

God must love me alot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger