Friday, January 23, 2004

I've been sick. Not so much in need of medicine...... more like, sick in the head.

I've been an nasty person, and I apologize to everyone who's had to put up with me these last couple days. I think I know a couple of the things that're wrong with me, so I've given myself a prescription for the weekend.

First: Lay off the Grand Theft Auto. Something about shooting off a guys head and watching blood squirt out of his neck, mangling prostitutes with chainsaws, and killing cops just because they're cops....... drains one of human compassion. I mean lately, I just hate everybody. It's a terrible feeling. Because I don't really hate everybody. But I'd love to run them all down in a porsche.

Second: Find a place with plants. I think the the zoo is open, and with any luck that will include the tropical house, where it's so humid you can hardly breathe, real plants grow huge and birds fly around beneath the glass ceiling. If I could go there, I would feel like I could breathe again. I would feel like I could hear again. If I could wear only a t-shirt and be warm, I would feel like I might make it through this winter without losing my mind.

Third: READ YOUR BIBLE, DAMMIT!!!! "Grand Theft Auto" is to "The Message: Wisdom Books" as McDonald's is to sushi. You really are what you eat. I don't like to think like that because it means I have to change some of my entertainment choices, which I don't particularly want to do. But I never regret replacing McDonald's with sushi. So what makes me think shutting down the PS2 for a couple days will somehow subtract from the quality of my life? It won't. I'm delusional.

My Spirit needs some TLC. My Soul needs some nourishment.

Question for the Americans out there..... why does everything boil down to republicans and democrats? As a Canadian, I don't get that.

I also wanted to recommend the book "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. I'll say more about that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger