Sunday, October 23, 2005

I just watched the movie "I Am David" and it made me cry.... twice. I remember reading the book in school, and I recall enjoying it, but I didn't realize that just two years ago they made a movie. The main character was brilliantly cast, a better actor at 11 or whatever age he is than most of the punks making movies these days.

For those of you who don't know, I am David is the story of a young boy who escapes from a stalinist labour camp and tries to make his way across Europe to safety. I think I shall look up the book and read it again, for good measure. You should too, or watch the movie. It's written by Anne Holmes.

I picked up my guitar yesterday for the first time in months and promptly wrote a song. At least I'm writing something, right? Abu doesn't appreciate my sudden obsession with that noisy red contraption, or the computer, for that matter. If I must be ignoring her, it ought to be on the couch, watching movies, dropping popcorn on the floor for her to vaccuum.

Now I've got to finish the laundry. Goodnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger