Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Apparently I'm coming down with something, so I spent most of the day at home today. I'm testing out a new drug, called Cold-FX, so I'll let you know how that goes. Right now I'm just dealing with a headache.

The good news is that I spoke with my landlord who is so pleased with me and my roommate that he said I'm free to paint the house in whatever manner I deem beautiful. Also, I am authorized to replace light switches and other things of the like, the cost of these things will be reimbursed to me. So, I'm very pleased. I will shortly be recaulking the bathroom and inviting my neighbor to come over an offer ideas on the living room.

My roommate is engaged and might be getting married as soon as this summer, so it was with great joy that I crunched the numbers and discovered that I can in fact afford to live alone. This doesn't mean that I won't get a roommate, but it does mean that I don't have to, and I don't have to rush into it.

My new year's aspirations as of yet are not set in stone. I plan to put together a plan of sorts. For now, I intend to eat less junkfood, make use of my exercise ball while watching tv, watch less tv, drink more water, and spend time each day writing, at least five minutes. I'm also trying to implement an immediate action policy. For example, hang up my jacket immediately after taking it off. Get a hammer the moment I notice a nail sticking out of the wood casing. If I'm annoyed by all the dishes on the coffee table, move the dishes to the kitchen.

This all seems very basic and is in fact the way I was raised, but I have fallen into some bad habits, and I'm trying to take baby steps out of them. So there. It would be a lot easier if I wasn't dealing with this constant headache. Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.

Now I have to go and do the things I just said I was gonna do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger