Tuesday, December 13, 2005

This cracked me up.

I should mention that I finished "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel and it was an intriguing book. It's about an Indian boy who finds himself on a lifeboat in the middle of the pacific with a Hyena, an orang-utang, a zebra with a broken leg, and a bengal tiger. Sounds strange? It's a good read. Written by a Canadian author (automatic plus) and won an award..... Booker something. Can't remember, I've already given the book back to it's rightful owner.

Now I'm working on "Complicated Kindness" by Miriam Toews which takes place in steinbach, which is where I'm from, and is written by a mennonite who knows. So far I'm really enjoying it..... There are entire pages of joke after joke. I wish I'd found steinbach so funny back when I was living there. It's full of the dark, irreverent humor that I love. You should read it. Once I'm finished it, I will be forcing my copy on all my friends.

I'm really enjoying reading lately, but I'm not sure where I'll go after this one. Any suggestions? I've got "finding faith" by Brian Mclaren and I plan to read the Apocrypha..... but beyond that....

anyways.... the night calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my site feed
powered by blogger